Pesto, chilli and garlic pasta.
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I’ll be sure to follow you right back :).
- 100 grams (or base the measurements on how hungry you feel:
Vegan pasta (I used freeform by Sainsbury’s, it’s: wheat, egg, milk and gluten free);
- 1 tbs of pesto sauce (sacla italia is the brand I used)
- salt and pepper;
- extra virgin olive oil
- One garlic glove
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:
- Fill a pan with 300ml of already boiling water, (this speeds up the cooking process);
- Put 100 grams (or how much your stomach is feeling) into the pan of boiling water;
- Add salt and pepper to the pasta and put a lid on the pan (stir occasionally); make sure you keep an eye on it because it takes 5-7 minutes to cook through until soft. The heat setting on the hob should go to 4;
- Shop or crush your garlic;
- When the pasta is ready drain the water, place the pasta back into the pan and drizzle extra virgin olive oil, (This will stop it from sticking);
- Add the pesto sauce and garlic to the pasta and stir;
- Plate or bowl up, and then sprinkle parsley on top;
- ENJOY! 😀
Why these ingredients?
Pesto is enriched with vitamins A and C, this helps boost your immune system, this will help fight infection, while keeping you fit and healthy. Whereas vitamin A is good is amazing for you eye health; it makes them stronger as well as being a great antioxidant.
Parsley has a huge amount of vitamin K, this helps builds bones and heals heart disease. in addition to this, parsley also has vitamin A, which as we already know is great for our eyes, and acts as a fantastic antioxidant.
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.
Thank you for reading this post, stay tuned little ones 🙂 x x x