Vegan potato salad, with chili sauce and hummus:
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I’ll be sure to follow you right back :).
- 50 grams peas
- 25 grams sweetcorn
- 1 garlic glove
- 2 shallots
- chili spices or one chili (whichever you prefer)
- 50 grams new potatoes (or whatever potatoes you want, I just picked these as they fit perfectly in my on-the-go tub)
- Sabra roasted pepper hummus
- chili sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:
- Boil 300ml of water and place in pan;
- Put your potatoes in the pan and use the salt and pepper to season the water, (this leaves a subtle but nice flavour on the potatoes);
- Prepare you shallot and garlic, cut them up to the size you want;
- In a small pan, put boiling water in and place the peas and sweetcorn in there;
- Combine the garlic and shallots to the pea and sweetcorn mixture; add the extra virgin olive oil; chili spices, salt and pepper and stir;
- Place the vegetables into your desired container;
- Take out your potatoes and poke them with a folk, (they should be soft); drizzle the oil over them and shake in pan;
- Add the potatoes to the vegetables in your desired container;
- Put the hummus and chili sauce on the side for dipping and flavour;
Why these ingredients?
Peas are filled with Vitamin C, this helps build the immune system and makes it stronger over time, this will prevent you from feeling ill. As well as this, peas are also filled with B6, this will stimulate co-enzymatic activities, this entails protecting the immune system and having great effects on the metabolism, (speed it up).
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.
Shallots is a great antioxidant, they also contain low fat saturation, this won’t clog up your arteries, as it reduces cholesterol, in comparison to a normal red or green onion, this is so much better for your mental and physical health.
Thank you for reading this post, hope you enjoy and recreate, stay tuned little ones 🙂 x x x