Vegan lasagna recipe
- 1 onion;
- 1 garlic clove;
- tomato base sauce;
- 3 carrots;
- 125 grams spinach;
- extra virgin olive oil;
- salt and pepper;
- 6 lasagna pasta sheets, (I used FreeFrom, you don’t have to cook these ones in water).
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:
- Prepare your vegetables: wash the spinach and place it in a bowl, cut the onion and dice into small pieces, do the same with the garlic. Chop the carrots into tiny circles and place to one side with the rest of the vegetables;
- get a small pan and place the carrots in already boiling water (boil the water in a kettle and place in the pan), cook for 15 minutes of gas mark 4;
- preheat the oven to 200;
- while the carrots are cooking mix the onion, garlic, salt pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl;
- when the carrots are cooked, put them in a bowl. Put the onion and garlic mixture into a pan; cook until the onion is golden and the spinach has reduced;
- when the vegetables have cooked, drain the mixture and put into a bowl;
- put the first 2 lasagna sheets in your desired cooking tin; layer the tomato sauce on top and place the carrots and spinach mixture on top. Then layer another 2 lasagna sheets;
- repeat this process until the carrots and spinach mixture is finished; top the final layer with tomato sauce;
- put kitchen foil over the lasagna and cook for 30-40 minutes;
- plate your dish and enjoy! 😀
Why these ingredients?
Also because spinach helps build the immune system, it means that when the colder months settle in; you are already fit and healthy enough to fight all those nasty infections and colds.
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.
Onions are a great antioxidant, they also contain low fat saturation, this won’t clog up your arteries, as it reduces cholesterol, in comparison to a normal red or green onion, this is so much better for your mental and physical health.
I will see you again later on today! I’ll be writing a review!
If you want to keep up to date with what I’m going to post later on today, as well as seeing what I do today follow me on my social media and I’ll follow you lovely people back!
Stay safe little ones! And stay tuned! I love you all! x x x