Good afternoon Little Ones! How are you all today? I thought that it was about time to give you something that I started with … BAKING! It’s been some time, but since the move, and not feeling confident with myself, I stuck with topics I knew I could talk about in a creative way. BUT, this is a new year, and I love baking, besides, I’ve been doing it since the age of 8 … So let’s not stop anytime soon.
One of my favourite deserts has to be meringue, but it also has to be PERFECT.
I’m really particular, it has to be crunchy on the outside, and slightly chewy in the centre, what are your thoughts? Without any further or do, let’s get baking!
TIPS BEFORE BAKING:
You also need to expect that you need to be patient, time is key … Depending on the size you are going for, it’s going to take a LONG time in the oven. And it doesn’t stop there, you need to let them cool for around 30 minutes; believe me, if you take them off straight away, the bottom will tear right off, and ruin your pudding.
- Glass large bowl,
- Large pot,
- Small pot,
- Piping bag,
- Circle nozzle to put into the piping bag,
- Baking tray,
- Grease-proof paper.
- 240 grams Icing sugar,
- 4 large egg whites,
- 1tsp Vanilla extract (OPTIONAL),
- Strawberry’s (OPTIONAL),
- Red current jelly (OPTIONAL).
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees (fan), or 3 (gas),
- Prepare your baking trays, place your grease-proof paper onto the trays,
- Separate the egg whites, place them in a large bowl and whisk until foamy,
- Sieve in the icing sugar until combined, (keep whisking),
- Place the bowl over a large pan of slightly simmered water, keep whisking until tough peaks form,
- (OPTIONAL) add the vanilla extract,
- Place your egg white mixture in the piping bags, and start piping your meringue mountains onto the trays, (TIP-start in the middle and slowly make your way up to the tip, the slower you go the bigger your meringue mountain will be),
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes,
- (OPTIONAL) prepare your topping, heat the red current jelly in a small pan until runny, chop how many strawberry’s you wish, and place them to the side,
- Let the meringue cool for 30 minutes and decorate,