Good afternoon Little Ones, I’ve finally taken a break from revision and it feels fantastic to clear the mind, even if it’s only for 20 minutes, (or however long it takes me to write this blog post).
I’m touching the finishing line of my second year at university, it’s given me a new sense of freedom … I don’t only revise I occasionally venture out of my hobbit-hole and write blog posts, hit the gym … And more blog posts, but I’ve also rediscovered my passion for baking, and now I’m vegan yet again I want to showcase a new desert recipe, my true love … Cheesecake.
What was once my favourite desert turned sour, as my stomach couldn’t handle the amount of dairy product that nestled within cheesecake; but I’ve been on the hunt to create the perfect vegan version!
I’ve managed to produce 2 versions, the second will be uploaded another day … But if you want to check what I’ve landed for you Little Ones today scroll below!
- Food processor
- 6 inch cake pan
- Parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- Regular table spoon, (placing the filling on top of the crust)
- 6 medjool dates (take the seeds out)
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 coconut flakes
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts, (before use place them in a bowl and pour boiling water over them, let the nuts sit for 20 minutes)
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lemon (just the juice)
Topping ingredients (optional):
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- Vegan whipped cream
- Preparation- place the cashews into a bowl and pour boiling water until they are completely covered, let them rest for 20 minutes minimum.
- Line the bottom of the 6 inch cake pan with parchment paper, (this makes it easier to take the cheesecake out).
- Place the: pecans and walnuts into the food processor and blend until they form a course mixture, after desired texture add the: coconut flakes and medjool dates until a crust starts to form.
- Place the crust mixture into the 6 inch cake pan and gently pat down until even.
- Place the drained cashews into the food processor, as well as: golden syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend until desired consistency.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust, place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- After it has set in the fridge take it out of the cake pan and place onto a plate, sprinkle drinking chocolate over the surface, then add vegan cream and raspberries, (optional).
- Enjoy your slice of cheesecake, at the very last minute I decided to add soy cream, made it feel like my traditional cheesecake.
Spoon is high in the air and I don’t care! Thank you so much for reading this blog post, I really do hope you enjoyed, if you made this please tag me in your very own creations.
I best get back to my revision, but I will see you later on within the week with a piece of advice! I love you all so very much, stay safe and stay tuned! x x x