Good evening Little Ones! Nothing ends the day better than some good-old-fashioned baking. I know what you are thinking, another recipe, profiteroles and now tarts? What on earth are you going to create next?
I don’t know the answer to that question, but for now lets keep it simple and stick with treacle tart.
If pastry isn’t your forte step out of your comfort and get baking!
I always thought pastry was a tedious task, but if you put your mind to it, you can do anything, (sounds cheesy but it’s true).
Now if you don’t mind me, I think it’s about time to start baking!
- Flan tin (7inch)
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small pan
For the pastry:
- 75g butter
- 175 plain flour
For the filling:
- 200g white or brown breadcrumbs
- 350g golden syrup
- Crack on with the pastry! Put the flour and butter into a large mixing bowl and rub together until the mixture refines breadcrumbs.
Add 2 tablespoons of cold water until the mixture turns into a firm dough.
Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/180C gas.
Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, once finished place over the flan tin.
- For the filling, heat the golden syrup in a small pan and stir in the breadcrumbs.
Once everything is combined pour the syrup mixture into the pastry case.
- Bake in the preheated for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 180C fan/160C gas for a further 15-30 minutes.
Right Little Ones! This is now the end of my blog post, I really do hope you enjoyed this sweet treat! I will come back tomorrow with a good old fashioned product review, which also happens to be my holy-grail foundation!Stay tuned to find out what that is!
If you recreate this wonder tag me in your creations! I would love to see what you guys get up to!
I hope you have a lovely day, remember to stay safe and stay tuned! x x x