Hello and welcome to a new segment within my blog!
You may or may not have noticed the shiny refurbishment, but I’ve decided to shove recipes within fitness!
Surprise-I will also be presenting short and sweet workouts, take it as a slight preview for my fitness guide releasing this August.
Anyhow, let’s get to making perfect pre and post workout snacks, (which if you couldn’t tell by the title are both dairy and gluten free); I can now eat tasty protein snacks without my stomach disagreeing with me!
Easy to make | peanut butter protein balls
- Mixing bowl
- Folk for stirring
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 of honey
- 2tsps of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Put the peanut butter, salt, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the oats and shredded coconut and combine until it resembles a thick paste.
- Add the dark chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture each time and form into tiny bite size balls.
These protein balls will last up to 7 days in a fridge.
It cost a total of £17.86 to make these from scratch, which is cheaper than buying protein balls individually.
(I had already demolished the dark chocolate before photographing)
Well, there we have it! My very first upload onto my fitness segment!
I know it’s simple but I will be producing more content on this platform.
It’s fantastic that there are great alternatives for pre and post workout snacks, this was super quick and easy to make!
If you are gluten or dairy intolerant I would definitely try this, please don’t turn your nose up at it, because it’s super delicious!
If you have any other recommendations please let me know.
Love Amy x