Today I’m going to be sharing my rock cake recipe with you, due to my dietary requirements I’ve altered the recipe.
After multiple trials and tribulations I’ve perfected the texture and flavour … Now I can have my cake and eat it!
Dainty Cake Alternative
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Prepare baking tray.
- Place the flour and butter within a medium mixing bowl, rub the ingredients together until it forms a thick paste.
- Add the sugar and fruit until fully combined.
- Finally add the egg until the mixture resembles a moist cake batter.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into small balls, (you should be able to make 6 cakes)
- Cook for 12-15 minutes (until golden brown).
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I sure had fun being back in the kitchen and perfecting my creations.
Please let me know if you re-create these cakes!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you very soon!
Love Amy x